•Children's Memorial Hospital, looking west
•circa late 1940s
•Dr. Charles W. M. Poynter, dean of the University of Nebraska College of Medicine and Henry Doorly, publisher of the Omaha World Herald collaborated to establish the Children's Memorial Hospital.
•With the support of community fundraising, the 100-bed Children's Memorial Hospital opened in March 1948 at 44th Street and Dewey Avenue. By August 1948, the first floor of the west wing was completely devoted to polio patients.
•In 1962, an addition was completed along the west, with more beds, laboratories, nursery, and an emergency entrance.
•Children's Hospital moved to 83rd Street and Dodge Street in 1981.
Children's Memorial Hospital, Swanson Hall, University of Nebraska Medical Center