•North Building (now Poynter Hall) looking northeast
•North Building is located at 42nd Street and Dewey Street.
•North Building housed all basic sciences courses, clinical instruction, and the library until 1919. After 1919, North Laboratory housed the departments of anatomy, embryology, microbiology, and pathology.
•North Building became known as North Laboratory after South Laboratory (Bennett Hall) was constructed in 1919.
•North Building was the first new building of the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. It was completed in 1913 and classes opened on September 10, 1913. The 10 acre lot for the university campus cost $20,000 and the cost of construction of North Building was $110,000.
•North Laboratory was renamed Poynter Hall in 1970, in honor of Dr. Charles William McCorkle Poynter, the longest serving dean of the College of Medicine (1929-1946).
North Building, North Laboratory, Poynter Hall, College of Medicine