DigitalCommons@UNMC is an online repository of the research, scholarly communications, and archival materials produced or owned by members of the University of Nebraska Medical Center community. Based on the principle of open access, DigitalCommons@UNMC seeks to make these materials available to a worldwide audience by tagging, storing, and organizing them in a searchable database. Content types can vary widely by discipline, but the goal of storing all content is the same: To provide a common opportunity for presenting internally and globally what is being accomplished at UNMC.
Examples of Content Include but are not limited to:
- Working papers
- Published articles when copyright and/or license allow
- Course materials, online course modules developed by UNMC Faculty
- Supplemental Materials to Published Articles
- Conference Materials: Posters, Presentations
- UNMC Sponsored Event Materials
- Annual reports and newsletters
- UNMC documents
- Archival Collections
For an item to be added to the repository, it must meet the following Content Guidelines:
- The material must be sponsored, created, and/or produced by members of the UNMC student body, faculty, staff, organizations, or departments. This includes emeritus and honorary appointments.
- Contributors may include non-UNMC affiliated scholars if they are co-authoring with a UNMC affiliate.
- The material must be scholarly, research oriented, pedagogical, or have archival significance to UNMC.
- Copyright permission must be obtained for each item that is uploaded. DigitalCommons@UNMC staff will assist in this process.
- The author or representative of the organization or department must sign the submission agreement form prior to material’s addition to the repository, granting UNMC the right to preserve and make the item available via DigitalCommons@UNMC.
For more information about DigitalCommons@UNMC, please email .