Download Full Text (5.6 MB)
• The Animal-Imaging of Humans
• Animal-Imaging by Person-Animal Juxtaposition
• Helping Mouth
• Creating Juxtapositions Between Devalued People & Animal-Imaged Facilities
• Animal-Imaging by Bringing Effigies of Animals Into Juxtaposition With Devalued People
• Attachment of Animal Effigies to Discourse About Devalued People
• Discourse About (Devalued) People that Implies That They Are Animals
• Animal Imagery in the Names of Services to, or Service-Related Resources for, Devalued People
• Animal Imagery in the Etiquetting of Devalued People
• Symbols/Signs for/About Animals Are Juxtaposed to Symbols/Signs for/About Devalued Humans
• Animal Imagery in Other Discourse About Devalued People
• Actors Behave in a Fashion That Reveals That They View Certain People as Animals/Animalistic
• Animal-Imaging by Other, or Multiple, Means
• Will Old Watch Dogs Learn New Tricks?
• We Kick You Not!
• Conclusion to Animal Imagery
• The Social Advocacies
• The Need for Personal Advocacy
• The Need for Collective Advocacy
• The Conflict of Interest Issue
• Pie Behind the Dike
• Citizen Advocacy
• A Bureaucrat's Vision of Citizen Advocacy
• Citizen Advocacy is Like a Cup of Tea-Isn't It?
• CITIZEN ADVOCATES ARE: (article from ARC newsletter, Lincoln, NB)
• Advocacy by a Collectivity for a Collectivity
• Other Social Advocacy Forms
• Sufferers From Ingrown Toenails, Unite!
• Perversion or Subversion of Advocacy
• How Bad Guys Respond to Good Guys
• Help Endangered Recluses to Remain Reclusive!
• Miscellaneous Human Service News
Wolfensberger, Wolf P., "TIPS, Volume 16, No. 5, 1997" (1997). Training Institute Publication Series (TIPS). 67.